Read these comments to see what kids from Colorado and Nebraska have discovered about their neighboring state.
15 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Hi, I am Gerald Ford, the thirtieth president of the United States of America. Colorado have five territories and there three types of geography – plains, Rocky Mountains, and the Plto region. I learned our state flag and what it represents. The red stands for the red soil we have in Colorado. The white stands for the snow that falls in Colorado. The blue stands for the blue skies we have in Colorado. The yellow stands for the mining gold we have in Colorado.
Dear Martin Van Buren and Teddy Roosevelt As I was reading your writing, I thought of our weather here in NE. We just got snow in May. Our weather is different like yours. It is around 70 to 80 degrees sometimes in the winter which is kind of unexpected. We can never predict the weather in Nebraska. Sometimes things change. The wind has been around 50 miles per hour here these last few days. That is my discovery by Schuyler
Hey did you know that Tom Rathman, a famous football player, has a nephew who is my friend and he goes to my school? So the whole point of this is to show that we both have something in common. Like having a pro football player. Land Caster
Dear James Polk, Back in the 1800’s we had soddies which were mud houses. They were also made of hay. The children back then had to wake up early also to help with the chores. In the schools they had small chalkboards and all the grades had to share the same classroom. We went to our class field trip and it was an old schoolhouse where we went and learned. There was no electricity, so they used wood or buffalo chips to make fire so they could be warm. So it seems like our houses were the same back then. Saline
Blair says to William Harrison... I discovered that both of our state birds have Lark in their names so they are alike in some ways. Our state bird is the MeadowLark. They both also sing high pitched. The MeadowLark and the Lark Bunting can both sing when they are flying. Lark means a small ground-dwelling songbird.
The MeadowLark is often seen singing on top of fence posts, along roadsides, in Native grasslands, and agriculture areas.The MeadowLark has a yellow throat, chest, and belly. This bird has a black “V” across their chest. Their back has brown streaks. Their outer tail feathers are white. They weigh between 89-115 g. A female is smaller and less strongly marked. From, Blair
Dear Nixon, When you mentioned “The Mile High City”, that kind of reminded me of our Platte River. The Platte River is known and referred to as “a mile long and an inch deep”. Also, we have more miles of river than any other state. Most of our rivers start in the Rocky Mountains. We also have the largest aquifer in the U.S. Does the Ogallala Aquifer run in Colorado?
Dear Trumen, Martin Van Buren, and Teddy Roosevelt
One of our similarities is that we share a border even though we aren’t one of your four corners. Another thing I found out is our teacher lived in Greeley, Colorado. She was a substitute there. She graduated from UNC. From Niobrara
Emily Griffith I read your note about the two places that make coins. Yours is one. When I got your letter I tried to decide if Nebraska has more coins made in Philadelphia or Denver . I surveyed three people, well not them but their coins. I made a list of where the coins were made. I looked at each coin and made important decisions some coins looked like they had P’s but had D’s. You know what I mean...... After I finished all the coins I decided that we have most of our coins from Denver. But of course some of the change didn’t have any letters. First I thought it was because the coins were too old but then we saw a penny older than the other change that had a letter. What do you think the problem is.............. Oma!Ha!!
Dear Bill Clinton, This is Dodge and we have a tough woman of Nebraska too. She started the newspaper here in 1869 . If somebody said something bad about her she’d come after them with a whip. Her name was Maggie Mobley.
Something exciting about Colorado is, in the winter, we get to snowboard. I go up to Loveland Ski Resort with my dad. In the summer the Renaissance Festival comes to town. My family goes every year. Last year my dad won the Strong Man contest. He had to swing a heavy hammer and ring a bell at the top of a tower. He went through three rounds with five other men.
Dear Ford,where is the plains,rocky mountain,and plto region from?I wanted to say what how you got the cool information from? Those are really cool stands like the red represent for the red soil,and the white represent for the snow and wow the blue stands for the blue sky and lastly the yellow stands for the mining gold. It's almost just like our flag.Nebraska has so many interesting things about Nebraska. Have a great day in Nebraska!!!!
Hi my name is John Tyler, today I'm going to tell you a thing or to about similarities from Nebraska to Colorado. Colorado had a Gold rush that was spread to almost all America. Have you ever noticed that in the Colorado flag it has yellow in the center of the flag? That yellow center stands for the gold that we have in Colorado, do you guys have any gold in Nebraska.
The other thing about Colorado that might be the same over there we have famous people of Colorado. Well I hope you write back to me, and thanks for listening.
There's so many cool discoveries in Colorado.First, there's the strange weather that changes every 5 minutes. There's also the great food that we have.(but I'm sure that every country has good food.)That's all I know about Colorado's discovery.
Hello my name is William Harrison and I want to tell you about Colorado.First we have so many restaurants that so many people visit.I bet there is so much more than Colorado!We have parks and zoos. Every states love having good food.I wonder if Nebraska has so many things just like Colorado too!
Tell me more about everything you guys do in Nebraska!
We had so much fun in the 4th grade. We’re going to miss our teacher and our friends that were there for us and friends that are moving away. We will never forget this wonderful grade!
15 comments:
Hi, I am Gerald Ford, the thirtieth president of the United States of America. Colorado have five territories and there three types of geography – plains, Rocky Mountains, and the Plto region. I learned our state flag and what it represents. The red stands for the red soil we have in Colorado. The white stands for the snow that falls in Colorado. The blue stands for the blue skies we have in Colorado. The yellow stands for the mining gold we have in Colorado.
Dear Martin Van Buren and Teddy Roosevelt
As I was reading your writing, I thought of our weather here in NE. We just got snow in May. Our weather is different like yours. It is around 70 to 80 degrees sometimes in the winter which is kind of unexpected. We can never predict the weather in Nebraska. Sometimes things change. The wind has been around 50 miles per hour here these last few days.
That is my discovery by Schuyler
Hey did you know that Tom Rathman, a famous football player, has a nephew who is my friend and he goes to my school? So the whole point of this is to show that we both have something in common. Like having a pro football player.
Land Caster
Dear James Polk,
Back in the 1800’s we had soddies which were mud houses. They were also made of hay. The children back then had to wake up early also to help with the chores. In the schools they had small chalkboards and all the grades had to share the same classroom. We went to our class field trip and it was an old schoolhouse where we went and learned. There was no electricity, so they used wood or buffalo chips to make fire so they could be warm.
So it seems like our houses were the same back then.
Saline
Blair says to William Harrison...
I discovered that both of our state birds have Lark in their names so they are alike in some ways. Our state bird is the MeadowLark. They both also sing high pitched. The MeadowLark and the Lark Bunting can both sing when they are flying. Lark means a small ground-dwelling songbird.
The MeadowLark is often seen singing on top of fence posts, along roadsides, in Native grasslands, and agriculture areas.The MeadowLark has a yellow throat, chest, and belly. This bird has a black “V” across their chest. Their back has brown streaks. Their outer tail feathers are white. They weigh between 89-115 g. A female is smaller and less strongly marked. From, Blair
Dear Nixon,
When you mentioned “The Mile High City”, that kind of reminded me of our Platte River. The Platte River is known and referred to as “a mile long and an inch deep”. Also, we have more miles of river than any other state. Most of our rivers start in the Rocky Mountains. We also have the largest aquifer in the U.S. Does the Ogallala Aquifer run in Colorado?
Sincerely,
Boone
Dear Trumen, Martin Van Buren, and Teddy Roosevelt
One of our similarities is that we share a border even though we aren’t one of your four corners.
Another thing I found out is our teacher lived in Greeley, Colorado. She was a substitute there. She graduated from UNC.
From Niobrara
Emily Griffith I read your note about the two places that make coins. Yours is one. When I got your letter I tried to decide if Nebraska has more coins made in Philadelphia or Denver . I surveyed three people, well not them but their coins. I made a list of where the coins were made. I looked at each coin and made important decisions some coins looked like they had P’s but had D’s. You know what I mean...... After I finished all the coins I decided that we have most of our coins from Denver. But of course some of the change didn’t have any letters. First I thought it was because the coins were too old but then we saw a penny older than the other change that had a letter. What do you think the problem is..............
Oma!Ha!!
Dear Bill Clinton,
This is Dodge and we have a tough woman of Nebraska too. She started the newspaper here in 1869 . If somebody said something bad about her she’d come after them with a whip. Her name was Maggie Mobley.
Something exciting about Colorado is, in the winter, we get to snowboard. I go up to Loveland Ski Resort with my dad. In the summer the Renaissance Festival comes to town. My family goes every year. Last year my dad won the Strong Man contest. He had to swing a heavy hammer and ring a bell at the top of a tower. He went through three rounds with five other men.
Dear Ford,where is the plains,rocky mountain,and plto region from?I wanted to say what how you got the cool information from? Those are really cool stands like the red represent for the red soil,and the white represent for the snow and wow the blue stands for the blue sky and lastly the yellow stands for the mining gold. It's almost just like our flag.Nebraska has so many interesting things about Nebraska.
Have a great day in Nebraska!!!!
Hi my name is John Tyler, today I'm going to tell you a thing or to about similarities from Nebraska to Colorado. Colorado had a Gold rush that was spread to almost all America. Have you ever noticed that in the Colorado flag it has yellow in the center of the flag? That yellow center stands for the gold that we have in Colorado, do you guys have any gold in Nebraska.
The other thing about Colorado that might be the same over there we have famous people of Colorado. Well I hope you write back to me, and thanks for listening.
There's so many cool discoveries in Colorado.First, there's the strange weather that changes every 5 minutes. There's also the great food that we have.(but I'm sure that every country has good food.)That's all I know about Colorado's discovery.
Hello my name is William Harrison and I want to tell you about Colorado.First we have so many restaurants that so many people visit.I bet there is so much more than Colorado!We have parks and zoos. Every states love having good food.I wonder if Nebraska has so many things just like Colorado too!
Tell me more about everything you guys do in Nebraska!
We had so much fun in the 4th grade. We’re going to miss our teacher and our friends that were there for us and friends that are moving away. We will never forget this wonderful grade!
Post a Comment