Mrs. Fisher has the bad habit of stopping by Starbucks on her way to school. This morning she bought a grande, vanilla, nonfat latte for $3.43 and a slice of blueberry coffee cake for $1.65. What was the total amount I owed? How much change did I get back if I gave them $10.00? (Don't forget to use our PROBLEM SOLVING STEPS 1-4!!!)
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Math Word Problem #1
Mrs. Fisher has the bad habit of stopping by Starbucks on her way to school. This morning she bought a grande, vanilla, nonfat latte for $3.43 and a slice of blueberry coffee cake for $1.65. What was the total amount I owed? How much change did I get back if I gave them $10.00? (Don't forget to use our PROBLEM SOLVING STEPS 1-4!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
$3.43+$1.65=$4.18 in told to pay and
Miss Fisher gave them $10.00 $ her chang is $5.52.lm
This is how I figured out my answer.
$3.43
+$1.65
_______
$5.08
_ $10.00
$5.08
________
$4.92
This word problem is pretty tricky. The answer to this word problem is $4.92.I hope the other word problems will still be pretty tricky!
The answer of the math problem is $5.08 because you add the numbers $3.43+$165+$10.00 equles $5.08 that is the answer to the math problem.I found the problem by adding the numbers and solving the problem numbers by numbers that is how I found the problem.
Post a Comment