
You use many different strategies as readers. You always have to be thinking about your thinking while reading, otherwise the book does not make sense. It can be hard, but so much fun when our thinking around a book makes sense! Share with you second grade mentees what you do to help you think about your reading.
12 comments:
What we have bin working on is predict,summarize,and also questioning.But this week we bin working on predict.We bin doing before you read you predict and while reading you predict too also one more is that after reading you predict too.That is what we done in reading.
What I do to stop my reading I stop and think.So if I do that I could understand the story better. I never tried that until 5th grade. Mrs.Fisher told us about the Reading Tree,there where question about it.They where about on-the-surface question and under-the-surface question.
While I read I think about the charters,the setting, when did it happen, and whats the story telling me and whats the problm and how the story solves the problm. When I read I also try to understand the problm.When I have TO STOP and THINK I understand the book more then when I stared to raed the book.Thats how I think while reading.
When I read I always use stop and think because it helps me become a better reader. To stop and think you have to read a just right book and, ask yourself questions. I always use that strategy in my reading time. So I could become a better reader. That is what I do to become a better reader.
This fifth grade year we have been working on lots of reading strategies. First, we have been working on clarifying. Clarifying is when you don't understand a word than you ask somebody to tell you what it means. So mostly it's about understanding it clearly. Next, we have been working on predictions and evidence. Showing evidence to your prediction is to show why you made that prediction. Finally, we have been on summaries. That's what we have been doing with reading.
I have bee doing alot this fifth. First, we have been doing clarifying. Clarifying is when you understand something more clearly. Next, we have been making questions. We are making questions like under and on and question trees. Then, we have been predicting. That's what we did.
This week we have been working on mostly predicting.A prediction is when you write about what you think the book is about or what you think is gonna happen.As a reader when I don't understand something I use the strategy stop,and think.That strategy really helps me out in my reading or when I don't understand a part of the story.If I don't understand a part of the story I stop,and think and then I usually understand the book.Sometimes even when I stop and think I still don't understand the part of the book,so that's when I use 3 strategies.1 keep reading and go back to the part later,2 ask a friend for help,and 3 raise your hand and ask the teacher for help.
As readers, my strategies of reading is on the surface and under the surface. On the surface is questions we can prove under the surface is a answer you predict.I also use another straegie is clarification. clarification is when you come up to a word and you don't understand it and you need someone to clarify it.Those are my important strategies that i use!!
I use peirieds at the end of the sentence and I use coultation marks whaen somebody is talking.
I think about my thinking when I'm reading by stopping and thinking,predicting,and chunking words.That is what I do whae I'm reading.
When I am reading I use stop ad think.Stop and think means to stopwhile your reading and think.
What I haven learned as a reader is the reading tree,indapendent reading,predicion and predicting.And that is what I have learned as a reader so far in 5th grade.THANK YOU
Post a Comment