Sunday, August 23, 2009

Growing As Writers

How have you grown as a writer since the beginning of 5th grade?

20 comments:

harrason said...

Ihave been growing as a writter bywritting seed stories and watermelon stories.First,I get a small detal out of my story and write about it.Then.Ihave been working on writting letters.Next,I've been working on writting paragerafs.Finally,that is what I've been working on.

Andrew Jackson said...

I have improved alot in my writing since the begining of fifth grade. First, I haven't been rereading alot. Now I reread to make sure there are no mistakes. Next, I used to write just because Mrs.Fisher would say so. Now I am writing something that I know most about instead of writing something that I don't know most about. Finally, I have been writing lots of watermelon time lines so I can see what seed story I know most about. That's how I have improved in my writing.

gradfeld said...

How I grown as a writer is my handwriting has gotten better then last year. Anther one is I've been writing more praghthin last year and now I know that when someone is done toking in your writing you need to write a now pargh. I've also leand when you drafet it dose not need to be prfect.

johnson said...

since the beggining of 5th grade I have grown as a writer by looking in my dictionary when I need help with spelling my words. When ever I start writing and I come up to a word that I cant spell I imedetley take out my spelling dictionary.That is the only way I use the spelling dictionary, when I need help spelling.

I also use another stratage it is: instead of writing a watermelon story I write a seed story-for example, I went to the pool, that is a watermelon story, because there is no details.
But for a seed story there would be details, for example:I saw a furious movie. You could tell there were detaild because it describes, what kind of movie it is. That is what I have been working in 5th grade, as a learning writer.

fillmore said...

I learnd so mag stuff in wring and I learnd war to pot pereads.

jfk said...

my righting has goten better.In almost 9 weeks my righting is more ditaled.

harding said...

This whole grade.I learned how to
write a paragraph in writing with a lot of details.I know how to add quotes.

hayes said...

These few weeks I have been in 5th grade I have learned how to put punctuation.In the correct places. Also so I have learned to spell more

polk said...

The things that made me become a better writer are these things. First, is adding more details and paragraphs. Then,I learned how to indent my writing and adding periods. I use to put a lot of details,and putting them into small moments. Also paragraphs, we are working on watermelon stories and seed stories. So I know that I have improved my writing in 5th grade. That is what I did to make me a better writer.

taylar said...

I have improved a lot in my writing since the begining of 5th grade. I used to not put so much space in between my words, now I try to put as much as I can. Also, I try to reread. Every time I write a story you know I'm rereading. Thats how I've improved in my writing.

taft said...

It is nice because I have nice hand writing I work a lot in 5th grade.

f.d roosevlt said...

Since the beginning of 5th grade I haven't added that many details but know it is awesome.Before it would be
like this.I went to my brother's house it smelled like poop and I wanted to go home.But know it is like this is how I write.I ich furouisly my hand turns to hot flaving lava.I really inproved in my writing.

nixon said...

I have grown a lot as a writer since we started 5th grade because I write a lot more stories and more longer ones.I think from all the skills we have learned in writing the time line and taking charge of my writing has really helped me throughout the year.Taking charge of my writing and using a time line really helped my writing really improved and I really enjoyed it.

trumen said...

In 4th grad i didn't use punctuation.
but now i do that's how i grown as a
writter

g.washington said...

Something I been learning writing is about seed stories and watermelon stories. I been learning to put punctuation on my writing journal. I also put capital letters on them too. I like to be writing in my writing homework.

coolidge said...

When I was in frothe gred my writing was not so good now in 5th grade it got better then last year .in 5th grade I can writ holl pag .I didnt now how to writ like that so.I was so happegt so I em gowing to larn obout writing.I like to writ obout footboll i like to writ obut.

lincoln said...

I've grown as a writter by making sher my spelling and my punctuation is correct and making sher I put periods and question marks and other punctuations.

grant said...

I have grown as a writer that we did some writing a we did a story that we can make as a book.

john adams said...

I have gotin better at writing and its because writing motivated me.My teacher says that i'm alot better at writing too. so baseicle writing helped me alot and now my mom has notied too.

Clinton said...

How I have grow is a writer is because I have noticed that I am more descriptive in my writing more than I have ever been in my whole life.Also I have noticed that I am using a better voice in my writing .So far in 5th grade that is how ive grown as a writer.THANK YOU